The second-largest Indian state by its area is Madhya Pradesh (MP). The state also makes for the fifth-largest state by population. MP borders Uttar Pradesh to the northeast, Chhattisgarh to the south, Gujarat to the West, and Rajasthan to the northwest. Madhya Pradesh is the home to Indian culture and heritage with monuments sprawled around its area. However, in recent times, Madhya Pradesh has also emerged as the new adventure and camping hub of India. Many camping and adventure sites have popped up in Madhya Pradesh to accommodate the growing interest of travellers coming to the state.
Explore the Unique Culture of Incredible India in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh is the heart of Incredible India and also known as a cultural and heritage destination, and now transformed into adventure tourism by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board. Their concept is to promote a camping culture across the state, the Tourism Board is continuously working to attract adventure investors, operators, and of course, the tourists.
The Tourism Board started in 2018 and to get to grips with the new realm of adventure in the state. Based on youth and families, it has been successful in bringing us closure to nature through unique camping sites and activities like waterfall treks, wildlife safari, jungle works, and more. You can enjoy events such as the Adventure Next, Omkareshwar Festival, and Cycling tours.
These attract not only locals and Indian tourists but also foreigners. They feel nature and enjoy adventure activities like jungle trek, mountain climbing, tractor ride, water sports activities, and many more. Apart from these adventure activities, tourist also enjoys just camping along with team games, live music, bonfires, dance, rides, archery, kabaddi, tea plantation, tug of war, a cleanliness drive, etc.
Madhya Pradesh has been described as the best state of the nation when it comes to the diversity of its tourism destinations. It is the home of cultural and spiritual heritage with almost all religions. It has innumerable monuments, intricately carved temples, stupas, forts, and palaces all over the state. The state has everything the mighty mountain ranges, meandering rivers and miles of verdant forests, and large plateaus. It is regarded as the most equally closely related to significant tourist destinations from all over the country as being the “Heart of India.”
Camping Sites in Madhya Pradesh
Camping in Madhya Pradesh is an experience of seamless serenity that has laced with adventure. Smashed in layers of lush greenery and topped by forested canopies, the state promises rejuvenation and solitude like no other places. There is no trace of the noise pollution in the bountiful drapes of Mother Nature. Those camping sites are listed below:
1. Camping in Pachmarhi, Satpura Adventure Club: The Satpura Adventure Club in Pachmarhi is the top pick for adventurers and adrenaline junkies. The place is considered for camping, the most.
2. Camping at Hanuwantiya Island: Seated along the calm waters of Indira Sagar Dam, It is a significant adventure hotspot in Madhya Pradesh. It offers a plethora of thrilling activities to choose from aerial and aqua.
3. Camping at Sailani Tapu: It is a quaint little island for nature lovers and adventures. It offers the perfect remedy to the deafening uproar of city life.
4. Orchha Betwa Retreat: It is an uncommon blend of wilderness and luxury and making it a go-to destination for camping in Madhya Pradesh. There is a wide array of spacious tents and room to choose from.
5. Ratapani Jungle Lodge: It has been cradled in dense woods and lush greenery, Ratapani Jungle Lodge carries the stunning backdrop of the Vindhyachal Ranges. Wildlife such as the tigers, leopards, wildcats, hyenas, deer, and sloth bears, gets harboured in this forest.
6. Camping at Pagara Reservoir: The Pagara Water reservoir is one of the most exotic, unexplored places for camping in Madhya Pradesh. The vast starry glimpse of the night sky slowly unfolds its beauty.
7. Camping at Kukru Jungle Camp: It straddles the border of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh and is blessed with poetic grace. It is a backdrop of the expansive Satpura ranges unfolding as a green canvas.
8. Camping at Samardha Jungle Camp: The interiors of Samardha are a quaint little village fenced by verdant forests, and it redefines camping in Madhya Pradesh.
9. Camping at Boriyamal Jungle Camp: It is a house in Omkareshwar National Park. It shares the serenity with a popular water sports hub that retreats one of the most unexplored sites for camping.
10. Camping at Motel Marble Rocks, Bhedaghat: It is one of the best camping places in Madhya Pradesh. Sitting in close to the marvellous Marble Rocks in Bhedaghat, that retreat is also known for exceptional hospitality and services.
Flying Fox-Kerwa Dam, Cable Car Ride In Bhedaghat, River Rafting In Orchha, Rock Climbing Pachmarhi, Boat Ride –Upper Lake, Jungle Camp-Delaware, Satpura Trek-Pipariya, Water sports- Bargi dam, nature walks- Amarkantak, and Wildlife Safari-Kanha National Park.
Things to do in Madhya Pradesh
Adventure to Wildlife Safari, Trekking to the highest peak of Madhya Pradesh – Dhoopgarh, Sail through the Scenic Marble rocks in Bhedaghat, Indulge into fantastic water sports at Hanuwantiya Tapu, a Spiritual Tour of temples of Khajuraho, A Cable car ride over the Dhuandhar Falls, Explore the Ruins of Afghan Architecture In Mandu, Going For Pandav Cave Exploration In Pachmarhi, Rafting Down the Betwa River at Orchha and Adventurous Camping at Sailani Tapu, etc
Best Time to Visit: October to March.
Madhya Pradesh is calling you, listen to its call and explore it before bidding this earthly world a final goodbye. Download the Woovly app now and add Madhya Pradesh to your adventure and camping bucket list.