Imagine being dropped inside a world full of witches, wizards, magical creatures, and their excellent magical ways. Yeah, you got it. Think of a magical world, and you are reminded of the world where Harry Potter is imagined to belong, irrespective of your age or birth history. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, founded at the Universal Studios of Orlando, offers an amusing and delightful entertainment to all the Potterheads. Even if you are not into much of Potter and his world (which seems next to impossible), you are sure to be amazed by the fun-filled magical experience. It is a perfect one day trip, but you can never get bored of this place no matter if you are visiting it for the umpteenth time. Here is a guide to help you through the whizzing world of Harry Potter Orlando.
Taste of Rowling’s Imagination at Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Before you start with the journey, know that the Wizarding world is divided into two unique parks where you can get the most of Rowling’s imaginations. The Diagon Alley at the Universal Studios Florida and the Hogsmeade at the Universal’s Islands of Adventures are back to back with each other. The visitors are transported by the short ride through the Hogwarts Express train (functioning in real) from one park to the other. It is recommended that you start your day with Hogsmeade, taking the train to Diagon Alley during the noon. It again comes back to Hogsmeade during the night-time to make the most out of the trip. Don’t forget to buy a park hopper to travel between the parks.
Have Fun Time in Hogsmeade
Rides – Your adventure trip begins from the Hogsmeade with the dose of the journey Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, which will take you deep down to the Forbidden Forest in an exciting sidecar or motorbike ride.
No more waiting for your official letter from the Wizarding School, just go straight to the Hogwarts Castle to get a fantastic view of the massive structure. You can actually get inside it and feel the story coming alive in front of your eyes. Take the ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
Next, prepare to take the ride Flight of the Hippogriff. This exhilarating ride will start with a bow from the Hippogriff, Buckbeak, and guide you through the beautiful sights of Hogwarts, passing through Hagrid’s hut past the pumpkin patch. Quickly take yourself through the shops before you take the ride Hogwarts Express from the Hogsmeade Station to the Diagon Alley.
Honeydukes – The candy store is abundant with every variety of sweets described in the Potter series.
Food Joints – You should not miss the mouth-watering foods at the Three Broomsticks, Hog’s Head, Neeps, and not to forget the mouth-watering and refreshing Butter-beer. You got to try the cuisine fancied by the Hogwarts students at these joints.
Places to Visit at Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Zonko’s Joke Shop – Souvenir shop.
- Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods – Souvenir shop.
- Dervish & Bangs – Souvenir shop.
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment – In the Wizarding world and no robes? Don’t worry. This shop will provide you with Hogwarts robes and other similar things.
- Owl Post – Don’t you want your own post? Well, maybe you cannot own it, but you can definitely take on their postal services. And guess what, that too with official Hogsmeade postal stamps!
Your Guide to Adventure
Once you are done with dealing with your appetite, lets head on to the Hogsmeade Station, where you take the ride Hogwarts Express to the King’s Cross Station, passing through the platform no. 9 ¾. You will find yourself into the make-belief London and pass through the brick walls to the Diagon Alley and absorb the magic in the air. You are about to start your next semester with the Hogwarts.
- Diagon Alley – This place is well crafted with minute details, and what will attract you the most is the Dragon atop Gringotts Bank. You will find yourself in a pleasurable temperature (if you are visiting it during noon) in this ‘alley.’ As it is more shaded, not to forget the dark shaded Knockturn Alley.
- Gringotts Money Exchange – Your journey starts with the visit to the Gringotts Money Exchange. Here you can ask the goblins to exchange your money into Gringotts banknotes, which are usable inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Orlando. Now you are ready to head to the grand lobby of the bank to take the ride.
- Rides – There is only one ride in Diagon Alley and that is the Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. It is a fast and multi-dimensional coa
ster ride taking you through deep down the vaults and underground passages. This is a must-do in Diagon Alley, which gives you the feel of Harry Potter’s adventures.
- Shops – Shutterbuttons, Borgin & Burkes, Ollivanders, Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Madam Malkin’s Robes for all Occasions, Magical Menagerie, Wands by Gregorovitch, Sugarplum’s Sweet Shop.
- Food – The Leaky Cauldron, The Fountain of Fair Fortune, and Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor and others.
Done with Diagon Alley? Then hop back to the Hogsmeade to catch the light show on Hogwarts Castle and don’t forget to enjoy the minute detailing of the parks that seem to have just popped up from the books. So, what say? When will your adventure begin?
Add Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando to your Wishlist on Woovly. Download the app now and set the track for your adventures.